Miner is a machine which obtains encrypted digital currency rewards through mining. Taking Bitcoin as an example, miners whoever mine out a block gets bookkeeping right, they could obtain Bitcoin Coinbase reward (in May 2020, the reward of block is 6.25BTC).
At current stage, the most widely used miners on the market are ASIC miner and GPU miner. The ASIC miner is an application-specific integrated circuit miner with higher hashrate and lower energy consumption. The disadvantage of ASIC miner is that basically each miner can only mine coins based on a certain algorithm. And ASIC miner cannot flexibly switch to other cryptocurrencies for mining according to the profit. Graphic card miner, in other words, GPU miner, mining through graphics card. This type of miner has scant hashrate, but it can flexibly switch to other cryptocurrencies for mining according to the profit.
In general, ASIC professional miner can only mine the cryptocurrencies of the specified algorithm. For instance, Antminer S17 can only mine the cryptocurrencies of SHA256 algorithm, such as bitcoin BTC, bitcoin cash BCH and BSV, etc. However, Litecoin LTC of Scrypt algorithm, Zcash ZEC of Equihash algorithm and other cryptocurrencies are not applicable for Antminer S17.
When it comes to CPU miner, it is not strictly restricting the algorithm and type of cryptocurrency. This means that Litecoin LTC of Scrypt algorithm, Zcash ZEC of Equihash algorithm and Decred DCR of Blake2B algorithm are feasible to operate with CPU miner. Generally speaking, the use of such miner for mining requires a separate mining procedure to be run in the miner.
Currently, mainstream ASIC manufacturers of miner include:
- Bitmain Antminer Series
- Bitcoin(BTC): Antminer S17 Pro, S17, T17, S15, T15, S11, S9se, S9k, S9j, S9i, S9, T9+, etc.
- Zcash(ZEC): Antminer Z11, Z11j, Z11e, Z9, Z9mini, etc.
- Litecoin(LTC): Antminer L5, L3++, L3+, etc.
- Decred(DCR): Antminer DR5, DR3, etc.
- Dash(DASH): Antminer D5, D3, etc.
- Innosilicon Series
- Bitcoin(BTC): Innosilicon T3+, T3, T2T, T2, T1, etc.
- Zcash(ZEC): Innosilicon A9, A9+, A9++, etc.
- Litecoin(LTC): Innosilicon A6+, A4+, A6, A4, etc.
- Decred(DCR): Innosilicon D9+, D9, etc.
- Dash(DASH): Innosilicon A7, A5+, A5, etc.
- AvalonMiner Series
- Bitcoin(BTC): AvalonMiner A1066, A1047, A911, A921, A920, A851, A841, A821, A721, A741, etc.
- WhatsMiner Series
- Bitcoin(BTC): WhatsMiner M20S, M21S, M10S, M20, M10, M21, M2, etc.
- EbitMiner Series
- Bitcoin(BTC): EbitMiner E12+, E11++, E12, E10, E9.3, E9i, E9.2, E9+, etc.
Please refer to miner manufacturer and vendor contact information on Poolin official website:
Miner appearance reference
Purchasing miner and mining is the process of obtain cryptocurrency through fixed input (cost of purchasing the miner), electricity input (the process of mining needs electricity consumption). The price of the cryptocurrency fluctuates according to the market in real time, and it needs to be carefully evaluated before investing. Please refer to the website www.poolin.com of following section to view the current profit of each type of miner. In addition, the professional mining calculator is used to estimate the return period (https://www.poolin.com/tools/calculator).
Screenshot time: 20 November, 2019