Dear Poolin Users,
BSV (Bitcoin SV) is expected to perform a genesis hard fork upgrade on February 4th, 2020. This upgrade mainly includes the following contents.
- P2SH address will no longer be supported.
In BSV network, there are two types of addresses currently:
1) P2PKH address (address starts with "1") will still be available after "Genesis Upgrade".
2) P2SH address (address starts with "3") will not be available after "Genesis Upgrade". This format address can "send" BSV but cannot "receive" BSV.
- Mandatory consensus parameters: mandatory consensus parameters must be configured by system administrator. If these parameters are not configured, node will not run smoothly after upgrading to the latest version.
Specific parameters are: hard limit on the block size; maximum stack memory usage during script evaluation.
- Consensus changes: script-related consensus will change but PoW algorithm will not change.
For details, please click: https://github.com/bitcoin-sv/bitcoin-sv/releases.
This upgrade will not affect your earnings. If you maintain a wallet node yourself, please upgrade to 1.0.0 version as soon as possible.
Attention: if your current BSV address is P2SH format (address starts with "3"), please pay attention to BSV wallet or exchange announcement and get the latest version of BSV address in time. Do not forget to change BSV address in your Poolin account.
Poolin will make a payment until February 3rd (mining earnings on February 2nd) normally, and then all P2SH addresses will be cleared (address starts with "3"). For users who do not set P2PHK address (address starts with "1") until 0:00 February 4th (UTC time), your earnings will be saved in balance until P2PKH address (address starts with "1") is set.
Please contact us if you have any other questions.